Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sheldon Museum Chair Talk

This week I gave a talk about the history of Windsor chairs and how that relates to my work.    The talk took place at Sheldon Museum in Middlebury, Vermont.  It is a great little museum, especially if you are into Windsors. They have a great collection and I was very inspired to come up with some new designs after revisiting some of these originals.  It has been over 10 years since I spent a lot of time at the Shelburne Museum, also in Vermont.  That was were  I found the inspiration for my Waltham line of chairs.   I have not given any presentations for many years so this was a bit nerve racking to get ready for but it was actually a lot of fun.  I hope to do more of this.  It can be very easy to hide out in my shop and not interact with the public. Especially in this time of the internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment