Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cutting Dovetails by Hand

Here are two videos showing part of the dovetail cutting process.  My video camera is starting to lose its sound so I will have to get a new one.  It takes great video though so I am very sorry to lose this one.  many cameras cannot get in close and also make a clear image.
This set of dovetails is for the back of a drawer that goes on the inside of a wardrobe that I am building.

The first shows marking and sawing and the second shows the chiseling part.

Again, visually, I think that these work.  Sorry about the sound. Time for a new camera.
In the past I have done quite a bit of filming of processes.  I am hoping to put together a series of "How To" videos covering some classic furniture making techniques.  All of my old footage is on tape instead of digital. Converting it is one thing. finding it is another, so I will probably just make new films.

Enjoy the warm weather,
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment