Monday, November 23, 2015

Busy Busy Busy

I have not posted a new blog in a long time.  I have had a very busy summer and fall that has not left me with a lot of free time.  I did just start an instagram page- timothyclarkfurniture that I am using quite a bit.  Mostly, I am posting shots of work in progress right from
the shop.  You can see a small slideshow at the right on this page.

I am just finishing up a king size Painted Pencil Post Bed that will be going to Texas soon.  It is my second pencil post bed to Houston in the last six months. Interesting.   The pictures below were taken after the first coat of milk paint.  It is still gray and dull looking.  After the second coat, it will be oiled and then sealed and will have a dark look with a low sheen.


Shavings from planing out the various parts of the bed.

Below is a drawing of the huge bench that has taken up much of my time lately. It will be over 25' long and will turn a corner at each end and run for a bit over 4'.  So in all, it will be around 33' feet long. The Buddha had 33 teeth they say.  So therefore...     when I finish I may just achieve Nirvana.  Just checking to see if anyone is reading this.
The crest rail is almost completed on the end of the bench.

OK, a few shots of Stella who always keeps me entertained.




Have a good Thanksgiving.
Tim

1 comment: