Sunday, October 28, 2012

Huntboard with Milk Paint Finish- All Finished and Delivered

This weekend I just delivered this Huntboard.  Here are a couple shots of it in place in its new home in Virginia as well as a few with a backdrop in my shop.  It looks great in place and is in good company with many other great pieces of furniture, that I did not make, however two of my Waltham Rockers are also there. (see photo below) As I mentioned in my last post, I am very happy with how the construction and the finish on this piece came out.  Upon arriving at their beautiful mountain home, I was treated to a light meal and great conversation by my generous hosts.  Meeting them and seeing where the piece would live, topped off the whole project for me.

If you have not been following this piece, the piece is made of cherry with a thin and worn black milk paint finish sealed with linseed oil, gel varnish and topped off with a coat of wax made of linseed oil and bees wax.  The drawer interiors are pine sealed with a coat of amber shellac and the back is ship-lapped poplar.  The dimensions are 72" wide, 18" deep and 38" tall. Custom sizes are always available. Read my previous postings to learn more about this piece.

cherry huntboard, milk paint finish, hand made by Timothy Clark, Cabinetmaker/Chairwright
cherry huntboard, milk paint finish, hand made cherry huntboard, milk paint finish, hand made by Timothy Clark, Cabinetmaker/Chairwright

cherry huntboard, milk paint finish, hand made by Timothy Clark, Cabinetmaker/Chairwright

cherry huntboard, milk paint finish, hand made by Timothy Clark, Cabinetmaker/Chairwright


 Below are two of my Waltham Rockers which I had made previously for the same clients.
Waltham Rockers made by Timothy Clark, Cabinetmaker/Chairwright



No comments:

Post a Comment