Saturday, March 5, 2011

Get Cranky.

Once in a while there is a fun little project that opens up the mind.  While this table still needs it's glass top, I am very happy with how it looks so far considering it's obvious simplicity. Two slabs of wood with a crank shaft bolted in between.  I did this for my client who is the owner of a Mercedes dealership. I am assuming that the crank shaft is from a Mercedes.  Before it is all done, the crank shaft is going to get cleaned up and sent out to be plated so it will be nice and shiny.  How about a dining table made with the crankshaft of a truck or large marine engine?  You'd need a forklift to move it.  If anyone has other ideas of things with structural integrity that could become the spine of a table, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment