Saturday, July 13, 2013

Benches for the Center for Art and Education at Shelburne Museum Coming Together


Below is the 7 foot bench of the 5'. 7' and 9' benches that I am making for the Center for Art and Education at Shelburne Museum.
The bases are not finished yet and I think they will have to be assembled on site as the benches are so heavy when assembled that moving them will be very difficult.

Above is the seat for the 9' bench that I move around using a chain fall that hangs from a steel beam in my shop.  This seat weighs around 140 lbs.

Center for Art and Education at Shelburne Museum. benches

Below is a short walk around video of the 5 foot bench.  Two can lift this bench but it is not easy. My brother and I opted to carry this out in two parts, base and seat.    The seat and back are ready for varnish but the base is not yet cleaned up.  The beauty of the cherry will come out with the varnish.


Mogli (daughter, Claire) doing quality control.


Mogli  keeping  watch on her kingdom.


Enjoy the nice weather while we have it.
I'll be in the shop sanding.
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment